Forum: Advice / Beauty

Beauty
Questions you might ask about a face primer?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Oct 04, 2015 07:39 PM

I want to do a write up post about primer (face mainly), what are some questions that one might ask about primer? I want to be pretty all inclusive, but "Why do I need one?" and "How do I find one I like?" seem awfully easy. Help me brainstorm some more questions you might ask, please!

6 Replies to Questions you might ask about a face primer?

re: Questions you might ask about a face primer?
By Stase Comments: 29, member since Thu Aug 13, 2015
On Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:46 AM
my question would be: "is your primer pink or green back?"

people with normal skin have pink base, but people with rosacea or eczema have to have green base to eliminate redness as much as possible
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Wed Oct 07, 2015 08:46 AM
I would want you to first go into detail about YOUR skin. I want to know so that I can tell if the review is relevant to me. If you have oily skin and I have dry skin, the primer will probably work differently. So first, a lot of detail about your skin; undertones, dry patches, breakouts, oil or dry etc.

Then I would want to know about the primer itself. What does it claim to do? Who is it supposed to be for? If it is color correcting, what is its base? How much do you apply to get it to work properly? Is there to much (to where it feels greasy/oily/slippery) or to little (ends up with patches)? How MUCH does it cost? Where can it be bought? Is it from a company that does not test on animals? Is there any other primer you have used that is comparable to it?

In terms of application, I would want to know what kind of makeup you are putting on top of it. If I use liquid foundation, creme blush and creme concealer, it is a completely different application to someone who uses powder foundation.

Aaaaand now I see I've gone off and rambled on! Sorry about that haha its just the stuff that I see in beauty blogs and I wish they had :D
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Wed Oct 07, 2015 09:32 PM
How much should I expect to pay?
Should the primer and the foundation be from the same company, in other words, should they be formulated to compliment one another or does it matter?
Are primers recommended for use by certain ages?
Are there primers that are multi-function (have SPF and such)?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Oct 07, 2015 09:39 PM
Wow, you guys thought of a lot of stuff I didn't! Thanks! :D
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:37 PM
1. How does it hold up in sweaty conditions? Like dancing at a nightclub or going to the gy, after work
2. Do certain foundations work better with it? Oil based or cream foundations or other types?
3. How does it smell. The smell of my makeup is a huge thing for me. Something with a strong smell is a headache trigger for me.
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Oct 08, 2015 08:40 AM
I totally agree with you about the smell, I turn down a lot of makeup based on their odour. I would also want to know how it stands up to a work out, not that I wear full makeup when I instruct but I would rather the little bit I wear stayed in place :)

Also what are the ingredients and their side effects.

ReplySendWatch