Forum: Adults / Weddings

Weddings
Finally engaged!
By pharmadancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3459, member since Tue Mar 16, 2004
On Mon Oct 05, 2015 06:13 AM

Hi everyone! I know that you probably don't see me around very much, but I definitely still lurk around here on a regular basis. I just wanted to share the good news - my boyfriend of 8 years proposed yesterday!

It was a nice sunny day and so we went for a drive to the beach, to a great secluded spot that is one of our favourites. We took a few pictures, and he suggested I put the camera on the cliff to take a timer pic. Just before it took the picture, he took out the ring in front of him (I didn't see this). So we have a pic where I'm just oblivious and he's got the ring in his hand. Too funny. After the pic took, he told me to look down, and I saw the ring. I'm so happy.

It was a very nice day - we're looking forward to telling our families this weekend at Thanksgiving (yes, we're in Canada)... :)

Anyway, I just thought I'd share here, since I don't know how I'm going to keep this a secret for 6 days!

4 Replies to Finally engaged!

re: Finally engaged!
By hummingbird Comments: 10418, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Oct 05, 2015 07:28 AM
Congratulations!!!!
By Stase Comments: 29, member since Thu Aug 13, 2015
On Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:38 AM
8 years is pretty long time :)It was about time for him to pop the question . I am very happy for you! congratulations!!! Wish you all the best
By Rinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2059, member since Wed Apr 21, 2004
On Mon Oct 05, 2015 02:59 PM
I too- dated my husband for 8 years before he proposed! You have stuck with each other for so long and now you have the rest of your lives to spend together!

CONGRATS!
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Tue Oct 06, 2015 06:00 PM
Best wishes to you. My wife and I dated for almost 7 years before we married, but most of that was because we were a high school couple (at 16 and 15) and were together all during college. We didn't get married until we were both out of college.

This Friday, Oct 9th, is our 50th wedding anniversary.

Jon

ReplySendWatch