Forum: Ballet / Costumes

Costumes
Help with Giselle Costume (Big Boob Problems!)
By TheDeliCreep Comments: 2, member since Wed Oct 07, 2015
On Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:19 PM

I am going to be performing the adagio part of act 2 in Giselle and I'm a bit worried. The back of the costume goes a little low so there's no hope of wearing any kind of bra and I'm worried about taping them down at an angle so it dips below the costume line. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
I should also note that I am poor as all heck and am pretty much limited to DIY /:

3 Replies to Help with Giselle Costume (Big Boob Problems!)

re: Help with Giselle Costume (Big Boob Problems!)
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Oct 08, 2015 08:46 AM

Try this, the second option won't work with dance but from what you've described the first option should be feasible. Good luck and well done on the part, the adage from Giselle is beautiful.
By TheDeliCreep Comments: 2, member since Wed Oct 07, 2015
On Thu Oct 08, 2015 03:14 PM
Thank you so much! I will be trying this out tonight and will let you know how it goes :)
By dancerat47 Comments: 17, member since Sun Mar 17, 2013
On Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:01 AM
Hi, I feel your pain. I wear a c cup and need a bra. I use this method, I bought a Capizo bra from all about dance it has a clear back strap OR you can sew the hooks from the flesh shoulder straps on the costume and the sew elastic to the sides of the costume for the back Lg hooks. I use this in my low back leotards and a couple of my recital costumes. It really works well for me. Hope this helps.

ReplySendWatch