Forum: Highland / Highland - Adult Dancers

Highland - Adult Dancers
Bit the bullet
By fusilli Comments: 31, member since Sun Oct 06, 2013
On Tue Oct 13, 2015 08:00 AM

Finally entered for my first highland dancing competition as an adult beginner. Not sure who I'll be against, maybe younger adults, possibly 12 year olds or anything in-between. Know how the kids feel now.

3 Replies to Bit the bullet

re: Bit the bullet
By kinsidhe Comments: 248, member since Fri May 14, 2010
On Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:07 AM
Well done! It's always good to know there are other adults out there taking that leap! :) That first one can feel very nerve wracking. I know.

It is anyone's guess who you will compete with. When I was a beginner adult I competed with dancers as young as 8 and dancers who were older than I was and everything in between! Usually it was a 12 and older group, but not always.

I find, if you just keep in mind you are competing -with- and not -against- whomever is on the platform with you it keeps the stress and worry about 'should I be here' away.

You are a dancer, they are dancers no matter the age. It's all for the love of Highland.

Have fun with it.

Wish you all the best.

And Overs Rock!
By Katja144member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3223, member since Sat Jul 30, 2005
On Sun Nov 15, 2015 07:32 PM
Awesome! When is your competition?
By Aphraell Comments: 18, member since Fri Sep 18, 2015
On Thu Nov 26, 2015 05:57 PM
Have you had your competition yet? How did it go?

I haven't competed in a loooong time and will probably have my first comp early next year. Nervous but excited too

ReplySendWatch