Forum: Irish / Irish - Champs

Irish - Champs
Makeup Tips
By Lil_Irish_Dance Comments: 29, member since Thu Sep 03, 2015
On Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:28 AM

I am going to Oireachtas for the first time this year. I'm not sure what sort of makeup I should/am expected wear. I'm in U15 and I will be wearing a simple green, black, and white dress. If you could provide pictures/ advice that would be helpful.

4 Replies to Makeup Tips

re: Makeup Tips
By rosalinde Comments: 1973, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Mon Oct 26, 2015 05:23 AM
Why not go to a good make-up counter (MAC or similar) and tell them what you want. Bring something for colour, like your cape or if necessary the dress itself (and perhaps pictures of Irish Dancers in full dress so they know not to keep it understated) and let them go nuts.
By blondcat Comments: 193, member since Wed Nov 10, 2010
On Mon Oct 26, 2015 08:32 AM
I would check with your dance teacher first. Most have an opinion on how they like their dancers to look. Maybe check with other senior dancers for pointers.

In general, dancers are farther away from the judges and audience on an elevated stage and the lighting is more like theatrical lighting. Meaning that your foundation may need to be 1-2 shades darker, blush a little heavier and eye liner a must-- think television professional. A good make up consultant should be able to help with color choices and application techinques.
By irishdancer76 Comments: 29, member since Sat Aug 13, 2011
On Mon Oct 26, 2015 09:46 PM
See the article about make up from Ready to Feis
readytofeis.com . . .

Also you can see the picures on facebook, "Feis Make-Up Application" and "Eire Brushed by Beca". They have a lot of nice photos.
If any feis make up artists is in your region, one of great idea to book.
By Stase Comments: 29, member since Thu Aug 13, 2015
On Fri Nov 06, 2015 02:08 PM
My makeup always include tanning makeup. What a difference I must say! Check these products www.dance-america.com . . .
I use "Aerotan Instant Tanning Spray" www.dance-america.com . . .
Simple and fast.
Went to ballroom grand nationals not long ago. Everyone on the floor had nice color :D was it natural tan? no. Was it pretty? o yes :)

ReplySendWatch