Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

Disco - 18+
Whatever happened to disco?
By Spikeygal Comments: 260, member since Sat Oct 30, 2004
On Tue Oct 27, 2015 05:28 AM

It seems like it's impossible to find an adult disco class, as least here in the UK. Judging by the posts on this subforum a lot of others feel the same.

Has disco just fallen out of favour? Have we been swallowed up by a different genre? I'd love to do disco again, but it feels like no one's interested, or has even heard of it!

5 Replies to Whatever happened to disco?

re: Whatever happened to disco?
By samsam24 Comments: 20, member since Wed Nov 11, 2015
On Wed Nov 11, 2015 05:22 PM
I would love to do this aswell just maybe taken a down a peg or two LOL !
By bigtrouble Comments: 1733, member since Sat Apr 21, 2007
On Sat Nov 28, 2015 02:31 PM
freestyle disco is very much still going lol and for many age groups - find a school locally and ask
wendy
By xxkirstyxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1309, member since Sun Jun 15, 2003
On Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:15 AM
I would say freestyle disco has only increased in popularity and size over the past few years! But it has died on this forum for sure. If you are only using here to search I can see why you'd think that. But as a teacher of freestyle I know it has gotten so busy and popular - doing our competition list is becoming impossible as there are practically comps every week I want to do!

I'd ask around on facebook if anyone knows a school local to you, I find facebook has a huge disco community - groups, selling pages, etc.

Good luck x
By Spikeygal Comments: 260, member since Sat Oct 30, 2004
On Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:14 AM
I'm glad to hear things are alive and well, in that case! And don't worry, I've been googling like no one's business to try and find somewhere - not just searching here. xD I'm in Cardiff at the moment, so if anyone knows of any classes that'd be welcoming for adults around here, please do let me know! I'll be sure to have an extra look around on facebook - thanks for the suggestion. :)
By demijomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5469, member since Tue Aug 12, 2003
On Sat Jan 02, 2016 03:44 PM
Having been a member of this site for quite a few years
I have seen disco disappear from the threads here, Sadly it has moved on from here as I used to enjoy coming on here and catching up with friends from all over! Everyone has their own opinion about us but we don't bother any other dance skill but some feel the need to slate us 😞
Samsam24 I can see your still a new member & obviously has her/his own opinion by your ( maybe taken down a peg or two lol!)
freestyle is a very competitive sport to which we travel the length & breadth of Britain with fantastic friends all over and I'm sure there will be a school near you Spikeygal hope you find one and the joy of freestyle!
Happy dancing & huge good luck to everyone in 2016! 🍀🏆

ReplySendWatch