Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

What Grishkos are these?? (pictures)
By Osipova22
On Fri Nov 13, 2015 04:09 AM
Edited by Osipova22 (258804) on 2015-11-13 04:10:35

I was recently in a Grishko shop in Russia, where I was given the really *perfect* pointe shoes for me.

They look good, I can dance well in them and I need nothing but jelly toes for protection and I dance pain free even with very long practices...

I was very stupid though and payed no attention to what model I was given, I didn�´t know then it would be the perfect pair.

I thought it�´d be Maya 2, but I was not sure. I ordered it online but the Maya 2s I got look and feel very different from my "perfect" shoe.

Can anyone tell me which model it was that I got in Russia?? I can rule out Triumph, 2007 and Maya 1 because I had those before and they were different. (please see pictures) Thank you!!

grishkos.shutterfly.com . . .

grishkos.shutterfly.com . . .

and here my shoes from Russia, on the left and new Maya 2s on the right

3 Replies to What Grishkos are these?? (pictures)

re: What Grishkos are these?? (pictures)
By Gracie220
On Mon Nov 16, 2015 09:27 AM
Do they have suede or leather soles? If suede, they look like Novas - since they have normal lining, they're probably not Miracles or DreamPointes. If leather, they look like Fouettes with drawstrings. The vamp looks too short (and platform too wide) for Vaganovas.
By Osipova22
On Thu Nov 19, 2015 04:14 AM
Hi Gracie,

thanks so much for your answer!

I was thinking Novas too, maybe.

The soles are suede. I talked to the distributor of Grishko in my country and we could rule out fouette too, because he said with fouette, you cannot see the stitches of the soles, which you can in mine...

He said it could be Maya 1 too, what do you think?

I thought it could not be but then I saw a picture online and it looks very different from the Maya 1s I bought years ago...?
By magdalenemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 20, 2015 08:42 AM
I would try posting this over at Ballet Talk for Dancers- they have some expert fitters over there who might be able to narrow it down a bit more.

dancers.invisionzone.com . . .

You also might try facebook messaging Leanne at Straight to the Pointe, she's a Grishko fitter in England but will answer questions from anyone
www.facebook.com . . .

Let us know what you find out!

ReplySendWatch