Forum: Irish / Irish

How to post a dress to sell?
By BClaussen
On Sun Nov 29, 2015 01:21 PM

How do I post a Irish dance solo costume to sell?

4 Replies to How to post a dress to sell?

re: How to post a dress to sell? (karma: 1)
By kss
On Thu Dec 03, 2015 09:12 PM
I just did this for the first time a few months ago, so you would think I would remember how, but I'm kind of blanking on the details - sorry! I do know that if you want to attach pictures to a post, you need full membership to dance.net. You can pay for it or you can post 20 times and will be upgraded to full membership for free. Once you do that, you have access to other perks (like pming) and can post a thread with pics.

When you do post a dress for sale, you have the option to do it for free or pay a small fee to get your dress to stay up higher on the list. I posted mine for free and was surprised by how quickly it dropped off the first few pages. Mine actually went without posting for six months and I was then allowed to repost my thread and it started on the first page again.

Anyway, I doubt this was very helpful, so hopefully someone with more experience will give you more information!

Do you know about the other used dress sites? feisdresses.com also allows for free posting. getthatdress.com has a small fee for posting. dance-again.com has a higher fee, but seems to have a much higher sale rate than the other sites.

Good luck!

Comment #10234931 deleted
Removed by hummingbird (128773) on 2016-01-19 08:34:58 On DDN advertising any second hand items is free, we charge no percentage or a fee unless you want a priority advert.

re: How to post a dress to sell?
By krisinstitches
On Tue Jan 19, 2016 06:01 AM
There is a 'sticky' at the top of the Dresses for Sale board, link here:

www.dance.net . . .

I believe you are able to post pics in the for sale section without being a full member, just be sure to cover/cut off faces so the mods don't as you to update it.
re: How to post a dress to sell?
By hummingbird
On Tue Jan 19, 2016 08:38 AM
Just go to the For Sale on the drop down menu and a second menu will appear, click Dresses and Costumes. At the top left hand side of the new page are three buttons, one of them is post, click that and make your post.

ReplySendWatch