Forum: Irish / Irish

CRN Questions
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 06, 2015 02:53 PM

I know there's a sticky on CRN, but I still have a few questions.

How many steps/bars are required in the Craobh grad level?

What does a feis look like for a Craobh grad level dancer?

How do non-CRN dancers qualify for the Worlds and Irish Opens? (Specifically north american dancers.)

I've been looking for the info for quite a while and I'm finding it rather tricky. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! :)

1 Replies to CRN Questions

re: CRN Questions (karma: 1)
By rosalinde
On Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:03 AM
For all levels it is advisable to have 48 bars (3 steps) for your dance, and if you can, have another step ready.

To dance Craobh Grad you have to have won a Championship or an Ard Grad Priomh Duais. Otherwise you dance in Ard Grad (also Open Platform dancers). You can take part in Championships if you are an Ard Grad/Open level dancer.

What to expect in Craobh Grad? Make sure you are very good technically > CRN is less about the hanging leaps, mega-high kicks and awesome turns, and more about intricate footwork and attention to detail. Also: absolutely no toe stands in hardshoe, or butterflies in softshoe.

You can qualify for the Irish Opens and Worlds if you take part in a qualifier and place. You should be able to find the US competitions that offer this qualifier on the CRN website.

Hope this helps.

ReplySendWatch