Forum: Adults / Work/Employment

Work/Employment
Giving your boss a gift?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:52 PM
Locked by majere (186163) on 2015-12-17 21:18:46 Put it on his desk.

Okay, so I was not planning on it. My manager gave all of us a gift (chocolate and a wax melter thing). When I got home my mom (yes, once again my mom is giving me unwanted advice, shocker), said that I have to get him something. I said no. She went and bought something for me to give him (the item itself is totally appropriate - a little thing of moose tracks popcorn).

It's just he's not just the manager of where I work. He's over half of our locations. My instinct is not to give it to him, but it would really not be a big deal to stick it on his desk on his day off.

I just don't know.

2 Replies to Giving your boss a gift?

re: Giving your boss a gift?
By hummingbird Comments: 10412, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Wed Dec 16, 2015 03:07 PM
It doesn't sound like a bad present, more the sort of thing you'd give to a favourite teacher rather than a boss. Is anyone else in the office planning on giving him a present?

Having said that I don't think it's going to be disastrous for your career if you leave it on his desk.
re: Giving your boss a gift?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Dec 16, 2015 07:56 PM
I'll put a tag on it and leave it on his desk. I can do that tomorrow night (I'm working the late shift) and then I won't see him until Monday and he'll get it on Friday morning. No awkwardness.

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed