Forum: Advice / Girls Only

Girls Only
How to make friends with girls from studio + teacher??
By autumndancer11 Comments: 37, member since Tue Jun 10, 2014
On Sat Dec 19, 2015 08:47 PM

So, i'm at a new studio and they have a lot of gatherings and stuff.. how do I make friends with everyone?? Any other advice for going to studio parties(i'm really shy)? Thanks in advance!

2 Replies to How to make friends with girls from studio + teacher??

re: How to make friends with girls from studio + teacher??
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Dec 20, 2015 01:38 PM
If you're really shy, than my advice is going to be really hard.

Talk to people.

Shyness is weird, people never read it right. You think you're shy, people think you're stuck up and too good to talk to them. And if you're looking for friends, that's not what you want to do at ALL.

You can make it small. "Ooh, how did you do that step? Cause mine didn't look like that...". "Oh my gosh, I love your scarf!" "Did you change your hair, it looks so pretty!"

The trick to getting a conversation rolling is not asking what they call "closed ended questions". If you go to somebody and say "What time does class start?", they say "6", and the conversation is pretty well over right there. But "Did you change your hair, it looks so pretty!" leaves a lot of room for interpretation, people can go at that all day. :D
re: How to make friends with girls from studio + teacher??
By autumndancer11 Comments: 37, member since Tue Jun 10, 2014
On Wed Dec 30, 2015 02:39 PM
Thanks so much!! :)

ReplySendWatch