Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Russian Pointe Brand???
By maddiedancer7
On Mon Dec 21, 2015 07:28 AM

Does anyone know what model of Russian Pointe I would be? I have had Bloch eurostretch, Grishko 2007 both size 6 X. The dance store I go to hasn't let me try on Russians so I am trying to get them as my ballet mistress loves the look of Russian Pointes and says they would look great on my feet. The Grishkos were still baggy, and I have heard that Russians are good for narrow feet, and my ballet academy doesn't let us wear GMs.

6 Replies to Russian Pointe Brand???

re: Russian Pointe Brand???
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Mon Dec 21, 2015 08:36 AM
Does your dance store not HAVE RPs? If they have them, they have no right to keep you from trying them on.

Ask again.

Recommend you look at the "Master List of Pointe Shoes" that is available on the internet (google it). It'll tell you which ones might work based on your current shoes.
By Gracie220
On Mon Dec 21, 2015 09:38 AM
Russians are beautiful shoes (though I, personally, don't care for the color - or lack thereof). If you like the box shape of grishko 2007s, I would recommend either the RP Almaz or Sapfir. They're basically the same shoe, except for the shank. They have the same mostly tapered box shape (like 2007s), but the Sapfir is pre-arched and the Almaz is not. I've worn both the 2007 and Sapfir and like them both pretty well. To give you an idea on sizing, I'm a 7.5X in 2007 (yes: long, narrow, bony feet, mostly tapered toes - my second toes are almost as long as my big toes). In RP Sapfir, I'm a 42, W1, V2.

If your local shop does have Russian Pointes, ask them specifically. It usually helps to come in armed with some information on what you want, and be assertive (but nice, of course). They're your feet and only you truly know how a shoe fits and feels. A fitter once humored me by letting me try on a beautiful pair of Freeds I saw. I just loved the way they looked and wanted them to work for my feet. I could tell how doubtful she was, but she pulled a pair in my size and let me try them on and see for myself just how wrong they were for my feet (they were Studio IIs, way too square. The store didn't carry regular Studios, which do work for my feet). I ended up with another pair of Grishko 2007s. ;) Long story short: it's a great idea to try on as many styles as you can and see for yourself how they fit and feel. There are so many options out there.
By lbcat
On Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:27 AM
I love Russian pointes so much!! They have a low crown so you can push over your box more and it makes your feet look amazing. The heel works very well for me and does not slip off like my Grishko 2007's. The shank is much harder but still flexible and does not die quickly! I love them and would definitely recommend!
By cara7
On Sun Feb 07, 2016 05:10 AM
Hi! I was recommended RP "ENCORE" (Spotlight Series) when I said that 2007s fit me well. Encore is maybe a tiny bit less tapered, but if you chose a width that grips your metatarsal well and does not allow to sink you into the box, they work just as well for me. I find them VERY comfy & beautiful and the shank -even in FH- is flexible and supportive at the same time. If you like a very low profile like Gaynors, the Jewels series might work for you (e.g. Almaz or the even more tapered Sapfir, but for me the profile was too flat, it hurt my big toe). "Entrada Pro" is a bit more tapered, maybe closer to 2007, but the crown is higher than with Encore or 2007 and the box has a more rounded look. I have attached photos for you, it says R-Class on the label, but that is exactly the same shoes as Russian Pointe and made by the same manufacturer , they just have a different brand name in Europe.
By cara7
On Sun Feb 07, 2016 05:14 AM
Sorry, it seems the photos did not show, here they are again!
By yancync
On Mon Feb 15, 2016 08:26 AM
DD used Grisko 2007s until they weren't wide enough as her foot grew and then she found RP Safir with many widths, which she has used since then (3 in width). She has a highly compressible, tapered foot that is strong with fairly high arches.

She was using med flex shanks but the boxes blew out quickly so she switched to hard shanks and liked them but then developed tendonitis. She is switching back to Med flex but we'd like to know more about the difference in Med flex and hard flex if someone can discuss!
By McJagger
On Tue Mar 01, 2016 04:37 PM
My DD has a very narrow foot and is loving her new Russian Pointes (Rubins). Prior to this she was in Suffolks. Not sure if that helps you or not.

ReplySendWatch