Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Boston Ballet SI?
By TitaniaSilk
On Fri Dec 25, 2015 06:16 PM

I love the Boston Ballet company itself and have heard good things about the year round program, but I've heard that the intensive in recent years has tended to be overcrowded and so there's not as much attention given to each student (Not that that necessarily means that it's not a good program). However, I'm pretty much at the age where I can't afford to spend a summer not improving.

So does anyone know anything about the quality of the Boston Ballet summer intensive in terms of quality? What's the class size like? How selective are they at auditions? Is it overall a program you or someone you know enjoyed?

2 Replies to Boston Ballet SI?

re: Boston Ballet SI?
By chocolate12
On Sun Jan 03, 2016 01:49 PM
DO NOT GO! I spent about four years at Boston Ballet for the year round program, was in their nutcracker twice, and attended their summer program once. Their summer program is just a money maker. It is all very political there and training is secondary to money and connections. Some teachers are great, maybe 25% of them, but the rest are awful. The teachers pick favorites, and it's usually the same girls who are the favorites to every teacher. the year round girls are from Boston are the only ones who get attention unless you're from SAB or ABT. Boston is a fun city though.
re: Boston Ballet SI?
By vivien_o
On Fri Jan 08, 2016 06:38 PM
I personally have had very positive experiences with the school--I felt like I got individual attention and that the training was very good.

ReplySendWatch