Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Audition Uniforms
By S_H_A_O_
On Sun Dec 27, 2015 08:21 AM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me information about the following summer intensive audition uniforms. I know they always say to go with black, but sometimes I liked to wear a color or black witha colored trim. If anyone knew what to wear to these audtions that would be great: Houston Ballet, Pennsylvania Ballet, Los Angeles Ballet, Pacific Northwest Ballst, Miami City Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, Joffrey ballet, Boston Ballet & Miami City Ballet

5 Replies to Audition Uniforms

re: Audition Uniforms
By alijenks
On Sun Dec 27, 2015 02:52 PM
I am auditioning for Joffrey and when I signed up to audition it said any color of leotard. I don't know about the rest
By DanceHeart99member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:06 PM
I'm sure you would be fine with some colored trim, but since those are all primarily classical intensives I would stay on the conservative side with dark colors and classic styles. There are a lot of threads on here debating what is appropriate audition attire but the consensus is often wear something you are comfortable and confident in that makes you look your best without being too gaudy or flashy.
By melissaga
On Fri Jan 01, 2016 01:53 AM
Check each website for requirements, as well as what photos you need (if any). A few might specify black leos. You can wear what you wish if it doesn't specify of course. :)

Bottom line is that you want to be noticed for your dancing, not what you are wearing. You will always be safe with black with or without colored trim.
By mikochan
On Mon Jan 11, 2016 07:07 AM
You are safe to wear simple black leopard on audition.Good luck
By SarahdncrPremium member
On Sat Jan 16, 2016 08:47 AM
Just make sure your leopard has had all it's shots, and that you keep him on a very short leash next to you at the barre. (See comment above.)

Sorry I'm a bit board and couldn't resist he, he, he :>)

I could just see it now....a girl w/ punkish look about her walks into the SI audition wearing her leopard spotted leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt, and pointes and then proceeds to absolutely blow away her competition at the audition!!!

That would just be rich!!

Good luck with your audition.

ReplySendWatch