Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Beginners

Adult (Re-)Beginner finally booked block of classes!!
By chancedtravels
On Tue Dec 29, 2015 03:02 AM

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here - so I'll briefly introduce myself. I'm 23, living in the UK, completing my undergrad in the evenings and will be getting married and starting a masters degree and teacher training in 2016!

I danced tap, modern and ballet when I was 7-16 - but quite sporadically and only took exams up to about grade 4, and my ballet class was general teen beginners/no exams. I absolutely loved it and wished I'd never stopped - but we all know that teenage rebellion comes with its regrets!! :P

I went to one drop in adult class last year and LOVED it, but at the time I couldn't really afford it and it was quite a long way to travel, so my nerves got the better of me and I didn't go back.

I've gotten quite out of shape in the last year, so am determined to a) get fit for my wedding so that I can get in my dress and b) finally indulge myself and go to regular ballet classes. My mum never thought ballet was worth working for, so I'd really like to work up from beginners classes to adult RAD exams (if anyone has done this I'd love to hear from you!!) and after a few years maybe make it en pointe! :)

SO - last night I took the first step and booked an 11 week block of 90 minute Adult Ballet Improvers classes starting on the 11th Jan and ordered myself a new leo. Will be aiming to build up to 2, then 3 classes a week with the additional drop in classes on Thursdays and Sundays.

I am SO excited and can't wait to try my new kit on - and couldn't wait to share my news :)

ChancedTravels xo

1 Replies to Adult (Re-)Beginner finally booked block of classes!!

re: Adult (Re-)Beginner finally booked block of classes!!
By hummingbird
On Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:45 AM
Good for you!!!

I was from the UK originally myself though we emigrated many years ago and I now live in Canada.

Before I moved away I was lucky enough to work for a wonderful teacher in Brighton who had an adult student who passed all of her graded exams in the Cecchetti method. She started dancing when she was 50. There are quite a few members here who started as adults and many of them have indeed gone on pointe too.

Congratulations as well!
re: Adult (Re-)Beginner finally booked block of classes!!
By WillSouthMcr
On Sat Feb 27, 2016 04:37 PM
Adult beginners classes are fun and friendly, London has a wide number to choose from, Danceworks and Pineapple studios are excellent value for money. Best of luck, worth getting a private class in between to keep you up to speed, especially as you move from the back to the front of the class.

ReplySendWatch