Forum: Irish / Irish - Teachers and Assistants

TCRG graduation ceremony?
By lorna_doonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:57 AM

At long last, I passed my exam! Over the moon :)

My husband and I will be attending the ceremony at worlds in Glasgow in March, I'm so stoked. We will also have our baby with us, who will be 2 months old by then.

My question is, what is the dress like? I've heard formal, but some have also said if you don't attend the ball afterward (which we are not) that the dress isn't as fancy. Are we talking evening gown? Tux for my husband, or is a nice suit ok?

Thanks!

5 Replies to TCRG graduation ceremony?

re: TCRG graduation ceremony?
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 01, 2016 05:32 PM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2016-01-01 17:36:58
Oh my goodness! Congrats! That's so exciting!

My TC wore something that was north of business casual--basically if you were dressing to go to a more traditional kind of office like a law firm. Something like a cocktail dress, pant or skirt suit, nice heels. So a step down from ballgown/tux.

Have a blast in Glasgow!
By lorna_doonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 01, 2016 07:35 PM
Thank you! I'm over the moon with happiness. My sweet husband had been raising the funds to go to worlds ever since I sat the Phoenix exam in September. All without telling me. Family and friends donated money, oh my goodness, it was such a sweet thing he did :)

Thanks for the advice- we aren't attending the ball afterward because we're poor and can't afford tickets (lol) but we are going to have a blast at the graduation ceremony :)
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 02, 2016 03:07 PM
How sweet of your husband!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip, and congratulations!!!!
By happychick09
On Mon Jan 04, 2016 07:25 AM
Congratulations on passing the exam!! What a wonderful surprise from your husband too!

When I went it was exactly as TheMidlakeMuse said - a step up from business casual. Tux isn't necessary. I wore a nice dress and heels but nothing ballgown-like. Just look nice and be comfortable. There's a social aspect to the grad ceremony but there are also other awards given for long time achievement and such, so it's not a super quick event.

Have a blast!!
By ReelJiggered
On Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:49 PM
AHHHHH!!!!!! CONGRATS! (On both the certification and the baby!) That's so wonderful to hear!

K

ReplySendWatch