Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

Irish - Hardshoe
Hard shoe recommendations for narrow heels
By rowan25a Comments: 1, member since Thu Jan 07, 2016
On Thu Jan 07, 2016 09:46 AM

Hello,

My daughter has always worn Rutherford's for her hard shoes and has always battled blisters. We've done the blister booties, taping, bandaids, second skin gel pads, moleskin, etc, but nothing has really helped. We thought that was just part of the deal until I started reading about different brands.

She is a prizewinner level dancer and just beginning to do toe stands. She has a normal/wide ball of the foot with long toes, but she has a narrow heel. Can anyone recommend a brand that might fit her better?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies to Hard shoe recommendations for narrow heels

re: Hard shoe recommendations for narrow heels
By ReelJiggered Comments: 542, member since Wed Sep 03, 2008
On Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:45 PM
I have the same problem. Rutherfords always used to slip off my heel, so I used the shamrock lacing and that helped a lot. Rutherford changed the design on their shoes and now there's a cuff on the heel and that made a huge difference for me. I no longer need shamrock lacing or even elastics. If your daughter's shoes are an older Rutherford design, she should try the new ones.

K
re: Hard shoe recommendations for narrow heels
By murphyhighland Comments: 3, member since Mon Sep 28, 2015
On Thu Jan 28, 2016 05:16 PM
My daughter experienced the same thing. She loves Ryan O'Donnels. They have been wonderful for her. She has worn them for several years and never a blister.

ReplySendWatch