Forum: General / Welcome

Welcome
No More Dancers??
By BHeffo18 Comments: 13, member since Wed Oct 24, 2012
On Thu Jan 07, 2016 04:53 PM

Does anyone ever use this website much?? Just wondering?

9 Replies to No More Dancers??

re: No More Dancers??
By hummingbird Comments: 10412, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:55 AM
I have over 9000 comments so I'd say I sort of use it a bit :D
On Fri Jan 08, 2016 06:30 PM
Bahahahahaha, ok, I apologize, I wasn't trying to be mean or come across arrogant, I just don't see much activity on this website lol. But that's good to know you use it!!
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Sat Jan 09, 2016 03:14 PM
Well there was a bit more a few years ago, but then in addition to being a dance oriented side it was also a very active social media site for participants. Many of those people, some still here, do their social media things on FB now.

I see that I have over 6300 postings and I'm not even a dancer, in the usual sense of the word.... I'm here because I play violin in a ballet company orchestra. I've acquired many friends in the half dozen or so years I've been here, some no longer dancing who I see on FB; one who my wife and I traveled overseas to meet.

Jon
On Sun Jan 17, 2016 04:58 PM
Ok, Right. I was just asking cause I'm a new member to this dance site, And I just didn't see that much activity here. But thank you for informing me about that and I hope to chat with you again.
By oceanndust Comments: 20, member since Sat May 10, 2014
On Thu Jan 28, 2016 04:54 PM
I've noticed the same thing and it's a little irritating because it feels like there's really no one single dance related forum that is popular and well known for all dancers to come to and discuss things. If I make a post asking for advice on how do I get my triple pirouette consistent, or "hey what did you guys think of this competition?" I get one response, if I'm lucky. There needs to be a dance forum website that actually gets promoted by famous dancers, like an actual Facebook for dancers, something popular! You know? This website has that potential but it's just not there.
On Fri Feb 05, 2016 04:31 PM
Yeah, so true couldn't said it better myself, there needs to be more activity on this website, like you said, so much potential just not there!!
re: No More Dancers?? (karma: 1)
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Fri Feb 05, 2016 06:30 PM
This website had tons and tons of active dancers about 10 years ago. What happened is, we all gew up, got regular jobs, went to college, got married, had babies etc. That includes the site manager who couldn't keep up with all the new expectations of a website in a new era of the internet with a growing family of his own. And in the mean time Facebook and other sites like that got really popular so we didn't replenish our population with new young active dancers. Almost everyone here has a very special place in their heart for dance. but i'm not sure DDN will ever be nearly as full of active dancers as it was.

But the only way to fix that is for young active dancers like you to join, post about dance, and spread the word to your other dance friends that the infrastructure is already here for a great dance site, we just need a bigger population of active dancers to fill it!
By ImpactCAA Comments: 21, member since Thu Jul 02, 2015
On Sat Feb 06, 2016 08:01 PM
It does seem like some of the posts are older. I am just finding this website. So far seems like some great info
On Sun Feb 14, 2016 02:06 PM
Well it's great that I get to chat with all you amazing dancers, and all this ifo has been really helpful, thank you to all ;)

ReplySendWatch