Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

mcb, boston, pnb, houston si's please reply asap!
By miareiland
On Sun Jan 10, 2016 01:00 PM

Hey everyone! I have a couple questions regarding these SI's. I'm 12 and super tall if that changes your answers at all
1. Is it super hard to get into these programs? I know they are top SI's, but a little more info would be greatly appreciated.
2. How long did it take for you to get your audition results? I auditioned for Boston and Houston today and yesterday and it seems like I'll die waiting lol!
Thanks guys!

7 Replies to mcb, boston, pnb, houston si's please reply asap!

re: mcb, boston, pnb, houston si's please reply asap!
By mikochan
On Mon Jan 11, 2016 07:20 AM
I was accepted PNB last summer when I was 12.I was 5.6ft.There are many tall dancers for older age group. I got email within 1week.and also I got scholarship too.
By S_H_A_O_
On Mon Jan 11, 2016 01:17 PM
Boston and Houston don't really look at height but I do know PNB loves taller dancers. I can't say whether or not any of them are easier to be accepted but I can say Boston and Houston has a higher acceptance rate than PNB. PNB prefers long legged and skinny dancers whereas Houston and Boston are more open when it comes to body type. I don't think the wait time for any of them are too long. My results came within 2 weeks for all of them I think. Hope this helps!
By miareiland
On Mon Jan 11, 2016 07:34 PM
Thank you so much! That was really helpful, and congrats on your scholarship!
By miareiland
On Mon Jan 11, 2016 07:35 PM
Thank you so much! That was really helpful, and congrats on your scholarship!
By PNB_Dave
On Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:19 PM
S_H_A_O_ wrote:

PNB prefers long legged and skinny dancers whereas Houston and Boston are more open when it comes to body type.

This isn't really accurate. PNB accepts a wide variety of body types; we do not "prefer long legged and skinny dancers."
By ElleMcG
On Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:10 AM
Houston has tightened up a bit this year. They are trying to keep class sizes down and they have had a whole lot of auditioners this year.
By lbcat
On Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:05 AM
PNB LOVES tall girls!!! At the audition, I noticed that they actually watched tall girls with pretty feet a lot. They love pretty feet and tall girls. It took me a week or a week and a half to get my results from Houston (I didn't get in), and it took my friends about a week to get results from Boston. Good luck!

ReplySendWatch