Forum: Irish / Irish - Feiseanna

Irish - Feiseanna
What does it mean when a judge comments: Natural dancer
By drumLady86 Comments: 8, member since Mon Nov 09, 2015
On Thu Jan 28, 2016 01:40 AM
Edited by drumLady86 (275744) on 2016-01-28 01:44:27
Edited by drumLady86 (275744) on 2016-01-28 01:46:52

I�´m a German Feis Dancer, 29 (30 in April) years from Augsburg, Swabia Region, Bavaria and I�´ve been dancing for around 16 years.

I start dancing at the Age of 12 with an RTME-registred dancing school but after 13 years of dancing I left the school because the costs to drive to school by Train were to expensive every week.

Unfortunately I never become Open in my dancing carrier. I Dance in an Adult Primary/Intermediate class but I never placed out of Beginner/Primary at RTME Feiseanna.

After 3 years break of dancing I startet dancing for WIDA last year and I do some feiseanna in southern Germany next years.

Last year I won 4 Dances in Beginner and move up to Primary in

Reel, Light Jig, Slip Jig and Traditional Set

Single Jig, Treble Jig and Hornpipe are Beginner at the time.

In my result list I saw the comment: Natural dancer

What does it mean?

I should Dance natural or I Dance natural?

3 Replies to What does it mean when a judge comments: Natural dancer

re: What does it mean when a judge comments: Natural dancer
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Thu Jan 28, 2016 04:15 AM
I think it means that you ARE a natural dancer. I would say that means the judge thought you looked relaxed and that your dancing flowed. You made it look easy.
By StepdancerPremium member Comments: 1977, member since Sun Oct 22, 2006
On Thu Jan 28, 2016 07:02 PM
I'd definitely take that as a compliment!
By kss Comments: 31, member since Tue Dec 30, 2014
On Thu Jan 28, 2016 08:54 PM
I would take it as a compliment, too.

At my dd's last feis, one of the judges gave her the comment "nice dancer". She is an extremely nice girl... but I assume the judge meant it more about her style and/or technique. It was her first open champ event and she was up against girls that had MUCH more advanced material than she had and some of them executed it near flawlessly. This judge ranked my dd 5 out of 8, so we just assumed that she was encouraging dd despite not being able to reward her with higher scores compared to the other girls.

ReplySendWatch