Forum: Arts / Debates

Debates
Nano, the girl who was born in the "wrong body"
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8822, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Sat Feb 06, 2016 01:19 AM

I saw an article about this first on MSN. Then, I saw it on Youtube. Apparently this person thinks she is a cat born in the wrong body, as the title says. I don't know what to make of this. What are your opinions and thoughts?

1. on the one hand, I'm hoping that this is a phase that she is going through, I just wonder what her life will be like ten/twenty years after this.

2. On the other hand, maybe if there were more people who could "empathize" on what cats lives are like there could potentially be less violence and harm inflicted on cats.

What do you all think?

www.google.com . . .

and

www.bing.com . . .

3 Replies to Nano, the girl who was born in the "wrong body"

re: Nano, the girl who was born in the "wrong body"
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3041, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Sat Feb 06, 2016 05:15 PM
Want to empathize with a cat? Read "Masters of the Vortex" by E.E. "Doc" Smith.
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8822, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:51 PM
Edited by ShadowLunaCat (106208) on 2016-02-06 22:57:19 EDIT: please see reasons above. and no, I don't think she's a "nano" particle.
Edited by ShadowLunaCat (106208) on 2016-02-06 23:33:19 Not interested in the cult, just stick to the post, please.
Schulplatter, I don't understand your response. Lensmen speaks of Storm, and his uncontrollable vortex of crazy nuclear energy, and how to manipulate it (is what I can get from a brief synopsis). EDIT: You're talking about these books, right? just to clarify for other interested parties: 1. en.wikipedia.org . . . and 2. www.goodreads.com . . .

hmm... sounds a bit as if your response is an attempt to go in THIS direction: I think I feel the rustling and stale presence of the Xenu creature: en.allexperts.com . . .

And, books.google.com . . .
Further, read P. Henry's remark: www.scientology-cult.com . . .

**groan** I guess I need to restate my initial question: do people feel that this Nano person should be acknowledged and given press time/recognition/attention because she thinks she is a cat? Is this some sort of cos-play joke? Am I the only person who feels she's taking this a bit far?

On the other hand, as I said, there are horrible things being done to cats as we speak, which prompts my iteration of empathy to cats and my second point: www.google.com . . .

Thus, I find myself needing to ask these questions AGAIN.

By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3041, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Sun Feb 07, 2016 08:58 AM
Shadow, curb your venom. I meant that comment at face value, and I had in mind a single character in that book - a ship's crew member.

Can you imagine a sentient, nearly humanoid species that evolved not from primates but from felines? This character, in my opinion and the author's opinion, handles life just as such a species would, and the author's treatment is extremely detailed.

And the author does not insult the character or mistreat her in any way. She is a trained linguist.

And incidentally, E. E. Doc Smith is not LRH, nor did I ever think that he was. Read the book instead of researching the internet gossip about the author. Go to the original source.

ReplySendWatch