Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Bloch pointe shoe model
By EmilieCathrine
On Sun Feb 14, 2016 01:06 PM

Hi, I am hoping someone might be able to help me with a pointe shoe question.

I have used pointe shoes I got from my ballet teacher, which she herself got from a retired ballet dancer (brand new). They are Blochs, and stamped H-PIN underneath. My teacher only had two pairs unfortunately and they are soon dead.

So I wish to know if anyone has heard of the H-PIN model, have used it perhaps, and mostly what Bloch models is similar? I think the model is discontinued and I like the Bloch brand a lot and especially these!

Thank you very much in advance (:

3 Replies to Bloch pointe shoe model

re: Bloch pointe shoe model
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Sun Feb 14, 2016 05:19 PM
It could be Bloch Hannah, or it could be Heritage. I would recommend that you send an email to the company and ask them what they think it is. I would send a photo of the shoe, as well.
By EmilieCathrine
On Mon Feb 15, 2016 05:03 AM
Thank you serendipity42, it might be the same sort. I'll try them next time I come by a shop :)
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:58 PM
Make sure you have your old shoes with you when you go.
By taxi4ballet
On Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:53 AM
The Bloch pointe shoes you have are customised ones.

The clues are: that they came from a former professional dancer, they don't have a model name or number on them, and H-pin means 'heel pin', which is the maker's word for a shoe increased by a quarter-size.

They use an attachment called a heel pin on the shoe last (the foot-shaped block around which they construct the shoe) when making the shoe, to increase the size of the last slightly.

ReplySendWatch