Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

Irish - Hardshoe
Help! Need Toughest Hardshoes Out There!
By LittleCurl14 Comments: 9, member since Wed Feb 19, 2014
On Mon Feb 15, 2016 05:32 PM

I am having a very hard time finding a pair of hardshoes that can keep up with me! I currently own a pair of Rutherford Light Sole Felxi (tan soles, with shamrock lacing) and after only 1.5 months they are very stretched out! I understand there is no miracle shoe that will last forever, but this seems a little ridiculous.

Before I bought them, I had heard horror stories about how hard these shoes were to break in, and was very surprised when I could do toe stands my first time trying them on. (As far as I'm aware these shoes are the right size, they are the same as my old pair of Rutherford's, the only difference being the sole of the shoe.) The tan sole itself is actually quite great,softer than the soles used to be back in the day,but generally pretty supportive compared to the mega flexi suede soles! The problem is with the upper leather, it just keeps stretching, and stretching, and stretching...

Has anyone found any hardshoes with very tough upper leathers? Unfortunately, the trend seems to be softer and softer leather and I'm starting to run out of options. Just in case anyone is curious about strength and skill level before making recommendations; I am an Open Championship dancer of 17 years.

1 Replies to Help! Need Toughest Hardshoes Out There!

re: Help! Need Toughest Hardshoes Out There!
By rosalinde Comments: 1973, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Tue Feb 16, 2016 07:00 AM
I can recommend Fays in that case. I find that Fays uppers take quite long to weaken, much more than the Antonio Pacellis or Halmors I've had. I have no experience with Rutherfords so I can't compare there.
If you get a pair of tan sole Fays, that should cover the brief I think.
Just remember that Fays are not suitable for wide feet (they are cut narrow and suit narrow to normal feet best).

ReplySendWatch