Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Irish - Adult Dancers
So I think I'm done with ID :-(
By irishsaoirsemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 249, member since Fri Jul 18, 2008
On Sat Feb 20, 2016 02:05 PM

So it seems that I am done with Irish dancing. I'm not sure if for good,or if just for some uncertain long time, but I can't find any normal way to make it work out.

In my current job/living location , there is only one school , where it takes one and half hour to get there ( one way). The school is more orientated on show dancing, which may be nice, but as I work weekends, I know I won't be able normally to take part on those gigs as those are on weekends. And they do a lot. So not really point going there. As for competitive dancing,there are only few dancers doing solo dancing at all - plus I don't have possibility to practice outside the class, and no practising,no progress anyway. Renting extra space costs extra money. Plus i don't like the fact, the floor in the studio is way too hard - absolutely not suitable for ID ( apparently the people there are not bothered about it, but I am).

So I don't see any other option for now... I didn't decide yet wether to sell my dancing shoes ( I have three pairs of heavies lol) or not. Luckily I don't have any solo dress to sell - one trouble less :D

Sad is it; anyway, had nice time dancing, met some great people,made friends...
re: So I think I'm done with ID :-(
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Feb 21, 2016 01:09 PM
That's such a shame! I agree with you about the floor, it really isn't worth what it'll do to your joints. Don't look upon it as the end though, you never know when dancing will suck you back in :)

ReplySendWatch