Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Ballet Chicago? Opinions?
By Sulehriintl
On Tue Feb 23, 2016 09:29 AM

Hello! My 14 year old daughter made it into Ballet Chicago's summer intensive. Has anyone out there gone to this intensive? Thoughts?

3 Replies to Ballet Chicago? Opinions?

re: Ballet Chicago? Opinions?
By yancync
On Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:41 AM
DD's friend went last year at age 15 and loved the Balanchine focus. She enjoyed being in Chicago a lot and mentioned the studios were up high in a skyscraper and were lovely. She also mentioned the caliber of dancers was high. She has been to a variety of larger intensives so had many programs to compare.
By ballerinamorgan
On Tue Mar 01, 2016 08:58 AM
Edited by ballerinamorgan (272485) on 2016-03-01 08:58:41
Hi!

I have gone to Ballet Chicago's Advanced Summer Intensive (the 2-week) for the past two summers, and enjoyed every minute of it. I loved having two technique classes a day, however tiring it was, joined with pilates classes, pointe classes, and repertoire classes. It was such a unique opportunity to be able to learn AND perform Balanchine repertory. I learned and improved so much and the dorms are wonderful with great food.
The teachers are also some of the greatest teachers I have ever had the privilege of training under. They offer many corrections to all students and have such a profound love for the Balanchine technique. The studios are beautiful and are at the top of a skyscraper in the heart of Chicago.

I now have the privilege of going year round, and the program is amazing!
By lbcat
On Wed Mar 09, 2016 09:52 AM
I know that they are a Balanchine school which is great! It's a good summer intensive, and a respected school. Congrats and hope she has fun!

ReplySendWatch