Forum: General / Tell dance.net

Tell dance.net
Karma for photos now allowed
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Fri Feb 26, 2016 07:27 PM

I've discussed this with the mods, and we all agree that giving karma for great photos is now allowed. It's more-or-less similar to a Facebook "like" button, and since we have some great photos posted here, it makes sense to allow them. The site as a whole will become much more graphical in its design with improved "responsive mobile-first" image viewers. In basic terms, it means you'll be able to surf DDN with your mobile device and still have a great experience. Feel free to discuss, or start karmatizing the great photos you run into here, or post some great ones yourself. :D Linh

3 Replies to Karma for photos now allowed

re: Karma for photos now allowed (karma: 1)
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Mon Feb 29, 2016 06:41 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2016-02-29 18:44:49 Engage screen rotation lock, view picture, hey nice 5th!, unlock screen rotation, continue with life.
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2016-02-29 18:46:25 I can has spelling?
MORE KARMA! Ahhhhhhh!

Now I just need post more pictures.

Wait, wait... Let me start with this one. Also posted on the ddn facebook (which you all should be following because us mods and Linh post/repost cool stuff) a while back. 8:30am pointe class, only one dancer showed because the rest were at a competition. I caught this moment during tendus when the sun was shining through the windows. 8:30am is early, but it is legitamately my favorite class.

ETA: Erm, Linh? Can we get a rotate picture functionality on here (even if just on the mod end)? Because that pic posts right side up everywhere but here.
re: Karma for photos now allowed
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:14 AM
Nifty photo! We don't yet have an image rotation feature (yet). It may be image EXIF data that needs to be understood better by our software. (Some mobile phones probably save images sideways and then expect software to auto-rotate it correctly when viewed, but this requires up-to-date viewers, etc.)
re: Karma for photos now allowed
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10712, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Tue Mar 01, 2016 09:48 AM
Something completely different: I LOOOVEEE the new colours. I was never a fan of all the purple (too female, we´ve got some males here too!), blue is a great choice (and it´s my fave colour anyways :P )

ReplySendWatch