Forum: Advice / Ask a Judge

Ask a Judge
School decision
By JessDance1 Comments: 0, member since Tue May 10, 2016
On Mon Feb 29, 2016 09:14 PM

I have been accepted into both the Kirov Academy of Ballet in D.C and Ellison Ballet's summer program for further consideration for the full-year training. It is not possible for me to attend both programs, so I'm having a really hard time deciding which one to attend.

I like both schools pretty much the same. One fact that is making me incline towards Ellison Ballet is the City; in New York I think I will have more opportunities of getting exposed to different styles and to valuable contacts, and also I like it more that Washington D.C. I like the Kirov because I feel the training is more pure and their graduates have gone to really good companies. I would go to the school in which I have more chances of being invited to stay, but that's impossible to know. (I read Ellison accepts around 20 girls and I don't know about the Kirov).

I would really appreciate if you could give me opinions and recommendations that help we make the best decision.

3 Replies to School decision

re: School decision
By SwordInStone Comments: 192, member since Thu Aug 11, 2011
On Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 AM
Hey,

Congratulations on the acceptances! I suggest that you post this in the ballet board. Some members there have actually attended these programmes, so they'd be able to tell you more.

I wish you the best of luck in the future!
By SwordInStone Comments: 192, member since Thu Aug 11, 2011
On Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:30 PM
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:19 PM
I don't know about the ballet schools, but if you want to talk about what its like to live in Washington DC let me know. There's a lot of arts stuff in DC actually, there are many theaters, that are all much less expensive than NY. And almost all the museums are free. I've been here over 5 years and love it. Feel free to PM me if you want.

ReplySendWatch