Forum: Irish / Irish - Champs

Irish - Champs
Moving to South Texas, HELP!
By irishdancer89member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 961, member since Sat Jun 12, 2004
On Fri Mar 11, 2016 06:53 PM

Hi everyone,

I know it's been awhile since I last posted on here, but I'm freaking out a bit and could use some advice. I've been dancing for 14 years now and I (of course) love it. However, I just found out my job is moving me to McAllen, Texas and it looks like the closet ID school is in Corpus Christi, which is about 2 hours from me. Is it crazy to drive that far for class? Does anyone know of any schools that might be closer? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

:)

1 Replies to Moving to South Texas, HELP!

re: Moving to South Texas, HELP!
By pyronova Comments: 1, member since Tue Nov 03, 2015
On Tue Apr 19, 2016 09:10 AM
I have driven that far before so I would say no! It's not crazy!

The first time I changed dance schools, the only location of the school I wanted to join was two hours away. While it seems daunting, I loved the school and it allowed me to keep dancing (this was before my area had an increase of dance schools and locations, I had originally been driving an hour because my hometown was in the middle of nowhere). Plus I was in high school and I brought homework with me in the car and did that to and from the studio. I was also getting my drivers license at the time so my mom made me drive a lot. She and I would make those trips "our" time.

I know call my mom during my dance commutes XD

I don't know about any schools that are closer. but if you still really want to dance, and you can live with the two hour communte, do it! It may mean only one maybe two classes a week, but I did really well with practice and cross training at home.

ReplySendWatch