Forum: General / Tell dance.net

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Tell dance.net
What now?
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Sat Mar 12, 2016 05:38 AM

What features should I add or fix next? What things would help make dance.net a great experience for you and your friends again? Thanks, Linh

25 Replies to What now?

re: What now?
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Sat Mar 12, 2016 06:29 PM
The chat room maybe?
re: What now? (karma: 1)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sat Mar 12, 2016 08:18 PM
I couldn't find where to log in until I tried to post. And you know I don't come to DDN to post. I only come to DDN to see how many thousands of karmas I have. So a log-in box on the sidebar would be fantastic.
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Sun Mar 13, 2016 07:27 PM
I tend to lurk now and than. I miss the way that chats used to be on here.

I think that as my kids get older at least I have some time to go on here.
On Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:37 AM
There is a login box on the home page. Will have to see why it's not showing up in the other pages. :D Will look into chat. I was thinking it could be put into the left sidebar so people can always see it.
By UnderwaterBubblemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2378, member since Mon Jun 09, 2003
On Mon Mar 14, 2016 02:30 AM
Love the idea of chat in the left on the desktop site. Could games also be taken off the hot page again?
re: What now? (karma: 2)
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1262, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Mon Mar 14, 2016 02:29 PM
I'm digging the new icon buttons for karma, report, etc. This is a nitpicky thing, but is there any way for a delayed hovertext prior to clicking the buttons, for clarification on what each button is for someone?
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Mon Mar 14, 2016 03:09 PM
I agree with sjerose. Not quite sure which button is for which!
By Alassin_Sanemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 266, member since Tue Dec 28, 2010
On Tue Mar 15, 2016 03:25 PM
I'm having some trouble with the menus. They show up as see through for me so they're really hard to read. I also can't seem to access subcategories on my moble easily, I can't find a way to expand each category without it going straight there.

I don't know if anyone else is having trouble with this (assuming that actually made sense!).
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Thu Mar 17, 2016 03:06 AM
Ahh! Finally got subcategories to work for me on a surface.
Very good.

kk~
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Thu Mar 17, 2016 01:40 PM
As we once put Disco (with its geographic limitations) on a separate page, do the same for games and even perhaps costume sales.
This forum was actually more fun when it served as something of a social meeting place for people interested in dance and related arts subject. I realize that some of this function was lost when Facebook came, but many friendships were developed here.

As it is when we hit "hot"....the first place many of us go to, it is a bit overwhelming to have a half page of games....fun, of course, for many, but of little interest also to many.

Make Karma fun again....seeing Panic and Weezy duke it out was a favorite sport.

Jon
By xxkirstyxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1309, member since Sun Jun 15, 2003
On Fri Mar 18, 2016 06:11 AM
Has something changed with the ads?

I don't have premium membership, but have never had any problem with pop up ads on this site in many years.
Today I'm seeing pop ups in the bottom right of the screen that are timed by 5 seconds until I can remove them. Some are videos some are pictures. And also new tabs opening in my browser when I click on a topic to read. You can see I have dance.net open on the 4th tab along on the screenshot - its opening a 5th tab to gift and bargain sites.

Has something changed? i never ever have this problem.
Thanks Linh.
On Fri Mar 18, 2016 06:47 AM
Good suggestions on moving games out of hot, etc. Will tackle that soonish. xxkirstyxx, that's not an ad network that DDN uses. Our ads only live inside the center content area or in the column. That ad you are showing lives "on top" of the whole page if that makes any sense. I wonder if you may be infected with malware. Do you see those types of ads on any other sites?
By xxkirstyxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1309, member since Sun Jun 15, 2003
On Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:10 PM
Never thought about checking another site Linh LOL! I only ever really have Facebook, dance.net and costume pages open but it definitely wasn't on Facebook. I'll boot my computer back up and check it out now (on iPad at the mo which incidentally the site looks good to me on).

Will report back. Kirstin.
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:36 PM
I found the appeal line disabled when I really needed it. Please don't let that happen again.
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1262, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Tue Mar 22, 2016 07:48 AM
Edited by sjerose (158555) on 2016-03-22 07:50:39 Sorry the pic posted so large and blurry; I'm not sure why.
Page margins changed on this thread for me once you posted the photos, Linh. At first there was plenty of margin on both right and left sides, and after posting your pics in reply to Kirsty, now the text goes flush to both edges of the screen.

Going to the reply screen changes the margins even more; the screen doesn't adjust to my monitor size and I have to scroll left to see the text on posts above your picture post - but from your picture post onward the text once again is flush to the edges of my monitor, and also the photos don't load. Here's a screenshot of what the latter looks like.

Obviously, this doesn't make-or-break the site, but I thought you'd like to know since it's kinda weird looking.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:20 AM
I agree about hovering over the icons to know what they are for...especially for new members.
By kinsidhe Comments: 248, member since Fri May 14, 2010
On Wed Mar 23, 2016 01:59 PM
Another vote for the hover text over the icons. I'm a bit lost as to what some of them might be. : )
On Thu Mar 24, 2016 06:51 AM
So text on hover is in. :D
By kinsidhe Comments: 248, member since Fri May 14, 2010
On Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:28 PM
Omgosh! That's great! I can stop staring at them with this vague sense of trepidation wondering 'what would happen if I clicked the 3 little dots? or the little bowl with a spoon in it?' I feel so empowered! You are awesome! :)
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Thu Mar 24, 2016 09:30 PM
yay for hovering over the icons and knowing what they are for!! Just FYI, since the margins have moved from edge of screen to edge, when you hover over the last icon, the writing is partly off the side of the screen and not readable. :(
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Mar 26, 2016 08:52 AM
Log Out / Sign Out button missing. I can see the area to log in / sign in on the right column just fine. But once logged in to my DDN account, I don't have a log out / sign out button to use to log out with.

Also, here is one more to consider that just came to mind. On another adult hobby discussion/forum site I am a member of, when we log out, the system automatically clears any cookies that were used during the session, and upon finishing the logout sequence it puts up a small box that says: "You have successfully logged out of XXXX--All Cookies Cleared"

Might be worth looking at.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Mar 26, 2016 02:18 PM

So...that's not what you want. And then when I try to tap on "Tell Dance.net" anyway, I go to the ballroom forum. 👎🏻
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Thu Mar 31, 2016 08:15 PM
Sarahdncr wrote:

Log Out / Sign Out button missing. I can see the area to log in / sign in on the right column just fine. But once logged in to my DDN account, I don't have a log out / sign out button to use to log out with.

Also, here is one more to consider that just came to mind. On another adult hobby discussion/forum site I am a member of, when we log out, the system automatically clears any cookies that were used during the session, and upon finishing the logout sequence it puts up a small box that says: "You have successfully logged out of XXXX--All Cookies Cleared"

Might be worth looking at.

Hi: Had same issue. Did some exploring. Go to Members drop down option on the menu bar. second option is "sign out." yeah, I was looking for it, too.
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Fri Apr 08, 2016 06:21 PM
Those tiny little dots to click through pictures are too small and I think most wouldn't realize they were there. When someone said they posted a bunch of pictures of their kids, I thought they had messed up and only posted one. I would make those circles bigger and numbered
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch