Forum: General / Welcome

Welcome
New Here! From Western Nebraska. My introduction of myself.
By CW1 Comments: 0, member since Tue Jan 26, 2016
On Mon Mar 14, 2016 07:44 AM

Hi! I'm new to the website, so I would love all kinds of tips and helps from everyone. I live in western Nebraska, it's very rural here. So there is hardly any dance training here. I've taught dance since 1983 and it's now 2016. Currently I'm looking for and teacher workshops for this summer close to western Nebraska. I'm currently studying to be a cecchetti ballet teacher and I have to travel to Colorado for that. So any help is awesome! Thanks for having me here! I'm really looking forward to it.

5 Replies to New Here! From Western Nebraska. My introduction of myself.

re: New Here! From Western Nebraska. My introduction of myself.
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:09 PM
Welcome!

This little exercise should get you oriented:
NOTE: TO PREVENT FRUSTRATION, KEEP INMIND THAT YOU CANNOT POST ON A THREAD THAT HAS GONE STALE - THIS USUALLY MEANS A THREAD THAT HAS BEEN ACTIVE FOR TWO MONTHS.

1. Go to the "arts" menu. Select "humor", "humor PG-13", or "humor videos". View enough of these to get you laughing and feeling at home, then post something to make us laugh.

2. Go to the menu of your favorite type of dance. Find someone who needs your suggestion, and post it.

3. Since you are a teacher, go to the Teacher's section, and post another helpful suggestion.

4. Check out a few menus to find what they are all about.

5. By this time you probably will have developed a question or two about the site, so go to the "members" board. Chances are your questions will be answered here. If not, there are boards under the 'general" menu.

6. Keep playing around with the site.
By hummingbird Comments: 10412, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Mar 18, 2016 06:59 AM
Welcome to DDN, I'm also in a rural area but in western Canada I always have to travel for my dance training. I'm a ballet teacher as well and Cecchetti trained but now I'm working on getting my ABT training.

I think schuhplattler means a stale post is one that's inactive rather than active though :)
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Fri Mar 18, 2016 09:17 AM
^Yes, inactive. Is my face ever red.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun Mar 20, 2016 04:22 PM
I am originally from South Dakota...so I know about rural dance communities. There used to be some good weekend/convention stuff through Dance Network of South Dakota. You might want to check that out. I was Cecchetti raised too. Have you been to Michigan for their annual summer festival? It is hosted at my college.
By BHeffo18 Comments: 13, member since Wed Oct 24, 2012
On Sun Mar 27, 2016 06:00 PM
Welcome to the site its great to have you here, i hope we can both chat about our different dance styles together. cool :)

ReplySendWatch