Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Adult Dancers

Ballet - Adult Dancers
Been Forever, Back At It Again...with them ballet stories.
By balletisawesome Comments: 74, member since Sat May 02, 2009
On Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 PM

Hey guys,

I'm just a recreational dancer. And started in 2011 but quit the studio i was at to go to college in 2012. Both colleges I went to had great dance classes w/ good times so I could always fit one in.

At another college I'm at now the dance program is a lot smaller, which in turn makes ballet classes at horrible times. (no evenings ever, but 3 dance studios? hmmmm....)

Anyway, i found a local dance studio down the street from where I live, sounded chill w/ no competitionEE vibes. So i'm thinking this will be chill. I went in, the teacher was my age w/ awesome tattoo sleeves. and only 2 other people in the class.

I'm like heck yeah, cool teacher, 1 on 1 time. this is about to be gnarly.

then i realize the classes are all 30 min, for the whole studio. Now i am in no way near professional, but even i know that's off. *scratches head* How can you get anything done? .-.

So we only did like 3 legit barre combinations, and that was it. Then Adult Hip Hop comes in, and 1 of the ladies in the class has a 30 min private (so she get's in her hour...ugh).

But I really wonder how people learn anything at this studio with only 30 min classes...also the other girl in the class is a straight up beginner. i wish we could at least start doing turns or something across the floor. Or heck, spend 30 min on some basic choreography...just to get her actually doing things.

So yea, reactions to this?

(and btw i'm totally gonna try and swindle my way into that ladies private class. it's like we (me/beginner girl) won't even be there <3.)

^jk that takes the private out of it. but still i was so pumped to get back into class and it's the first time ballet class was lame :(.

2 Replies to Been Forever, Back At It Again...with them ballet stories.

re: Been Forever, Back At It Again...with them ballet stories.
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Tue Mar 22, 2016 01:48 PM
A 30 minute class? That just sounds odd! However what was the teacher like apart from the tattoos? Did you get any corrections, or feedback?
re: Been Forever, Back At It Again...with them ballet stories.
By balletisawesome Comments: 74, member since Sat May 02, 2009
On Sun Mar 27, 2016 06:10 PM
she was a good one. she knew what she was doing. the music she had was more indie but it actually did great with the counts so that was cool.

like if i had her for a solid hour i bet she'd have a lot more time to teach/correct. she went more with the beginner girl more just to make sure she was getting it.

ReplySendWatch