Forum: Irish / Irish

Questions About Camp Rince Ceol
By JudieBascom
On Mon Mar 21, 2016 07:03 PM

I am thinking about going to Camp Rince Ceol this summer but I have a lot of questions about it.

First of all, I'm 13 right now and I'm only in novice(almost in prizewinner). Are there going to be people my age in my group and level or will I be with younger kids?

I also don't have any of my friends going to camp with me. Do people usually go with people they know? Will I be the only one without a friend?

How do they make the groups for the classes? Will I be with people my age in higher levels?

How much free time do we have when we are not dancing?

How many people are in each room? Would they put me in a room based on my level or by my age?

I'm sorry that I have a lot of questions but can you try to answer as many as possible. Or share your first experience at crc! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

2 Replies to Questions About Camp Rince Ceol

re: Questions About Camp Rince Ceol
By JudieBascom
On Mon Mar 21, 2016 07:21 PM
reeltreble15 wrote:

I am thinking about going to Camp Rince Ceol this summer but I have a lot of questions about it.

First of all, I'm 13 right now and I'm only in novice(almost in prizewinner). Are there going to be people my age in my group and level or will I be with younger kids?

I also don't have any of my friends going to camp with me. Do people usually go with people they know? Will I be the only one without a friend?

How do they make the groups for the classes? Will I be with people my age in higher levels?

How much free time do we have when we are not dancing?

How many people are in each room? Would they put me in a room based on my level or by my age?

I'm sorry that I have a lot of questions but can you try to answer as many as possible. Or share your first experience at crc! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
re: Questions About Camp Rince Ceol
By dancer5173
On Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:58 PM
CRC was one of the BEST experiences of my life, and I highly recommend it to any dancer of any age and level!

If I am correct, the groups are based as much as they can be on both age and level, and 13 is a pretty popular age at camp so it's safe to assume your group would be mostly around your age.

Some people already know each other, but there are plenty of campers who don't know anyone yet! I didn't know anyone at all my first year, plus I was coming from the opposite side of the country so I had absolutely no idea who anyone was, but it was so welcoming and fun I came home with so many new friends and awesome memories!

Classes are typically just your group and your Buddy Group (which is also around your age and level). I believe the classes don't usually combine grade levels with champs, so mostly likely you would be with novice-prizewinner dancers. There are Bonus Classes that you sign up for as well, and some of those can end up being a mix of levels and ages, but that's what they're designed for. But for regular classes it stays pretty much within your age and level.

There isn't really any free time, but that's one of the best parts. You're constantly dancing, doing awesome activities, working with your group on your showcase, or sleeping! :D

Rooms are typically 2 people, sometimes 3. It will be someone from your group or maybe your buddy group so again based on age and level. It's nice because right away you get to form a bond with one of your group members :) They try and keep all of the group members' rooms close together as well, so you get to know each other pretty quick!

I was really nervous to go to CRC my first year because I was coming from across the country and didn't know anyone at all. I can be pretty quiet and shy myself, but CRC was SO much fun and everyone there, the staff, instructors, and dancers are so kind and positive it definitely isn't an experience you want to miss out on. I didn't get to go to CRC until I was older and SO wish I could have gone every single summer of my life. The benefits to your dancing alone are incredible, but what is even more valuable are the friendships and memories that will last a lifetime :)

Hope this helps!

ReplySendWatch