Forum: Advice / Ask a Parent

Ask a Parent
Unfair Teacher?
By anna_p Comments: 0, member since Sat Aug 06, 2016
On Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:21 PM

OK soi am a tapper.😄Me and this guy in class are the best in class by a lot.The class acknowledges that and have told me that if they get lost ey look to me for help.We are 3 weeks away from the recital. The other week the teacher gave a lecture on how she would rather have 2 udents who care rather than a class that doesn't care(she was excluding me and this boy) any way the class didn't take it well. I have seen her take a lot of time trying to help them. she literally could not help them anymore than she already has!!! They aren't good t tapping. Our dance is centered around the boy because he is the only boy. Last week she said that she would just let him dance onstage for a while alone if they couldn't get the choreography. Thats not fair to me though I am just as good as he is and I know all of the steps. Do you think it would be fair for her to do this? I have worked very hard bit she hasn't even mentioned that she could let me tap with him while the rest are off stage! What should I do? This just isn't fair!I am already stuck being on the sidelines doing beginner tap moves while he is in the spotlight doing advanced tap moves that I already know!

1 Replies to Unfair Teacher?

re: Unfair Teacher?
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:16 PM
It is your teachers right to have her choreography represented on stage however she see's fit. Perhaps talk to her and ask if there's a reason for her choice (outside class) but it could just be a way to shock the rest of the class into working.

ReplySendWatch