Forum: Advice / Injuries

Injuries
Unusual pain in calf and thigh?
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Sun May 15, 2016 01:58 PM

Hi peeps, something weird seems to be going on with my left leg that I've not experienced before. It's not extremely painful so I'm not sure if it's something i need to be seeing a doctor about, hopefully someone will recognise the symptoms:

I'm going to start from the beginning although this may not be related:
Yesterday evening I was on a train and stood up which caused a sharp pain to shoot through the outside of my left knee, I walked to the bus stop took the bus to my street and walked the rest of the way home. By the time I was home my knee was really sore, fully straightening my leg was very painful. It was late and A&E is far so I went to bed. When I woke up that pain seemed to have gone.
As today went on I developed a discomfort in my left leg, it's really difficult to describe. It's a very deep pain which feels like it is right in the centre of my leg, the point of pain seems to be in the centre of my calf but it is up the whole length of my leg from ankle to butt. It doesn't feel like a muscle pain, I tried heating it with a hot water bottle to see if that eased the discomfort but it definitely made it worse.
It's Sunday so the doctors is closed but if it's painful tomorrow I'll see if I can get an appointment or head to minor injuries.
I'm just hoping someone can tell me if I should be worried? Anyone experiences anything similar?

3 Replies to Unusual pain in calf and thigh?

re: Unusual pain in calf and thigh?
By hummingbird Comments: 10410, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Tue May 17, 2016 10:26 AM
It sounds like a muscular problem in which case a deep tissue massage would probably help, make sure the therapist can give you a postural analysis so they know what sort of problem they're dealing with.

Have you managed to get a doctors appointment yet?
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Tue May 17, 2016 10:58 AM
The next available appointment is next week so my choices were a trip to minor injuries or wait and see, it does seem to be improving so I've gone with the latter. If it gets worse I'll head down to minor injuries but for now I'm gonna carry on with the ibuprofen. I've been foam rolling which seems to be helping it too.
On Mon Jun 20, 2016 04:29 PM
So update, I have IT band syndrome. The pain came back and was followed by intense pain in the outside of the knee, I saw a doc because I couldn't walk and was given pain killers and told to rest. Yay!

ReplySendWatch