Forum: Arts / Politics & Current Affairs

Politics & Current Affairs
Texas suspends over a million driver's licenses (karma: 1)
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Mon May 30, 2016 03:39 PM

The Texas Dept. of Public Safety has suspended more than 1.3 MILLION drivers licenses over an unconstitutional revenue
generating scheme that has put millions of Texans in double jeopardy. Essentially double taxing individuals for traffic violations.
It's called The Texas Driver Responsibility Program and it has billed $1.8 million worth of surcharges to motorists who have already been
ticked for traffic violations.
www.youtube.com . . .

5 Replies to Texas suspends over a million driver's licenses

re: Texas suspends over a million driver's licenses (karma: 1)
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Mon May 30, 2016 06:55 PM
Yep, a decade ago I racked up too many points and, outside of my tickets, I had to pay $250 a year to keep my license. It was a pain.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6815, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Wed Jun 01, 2016 06:10 PM
That's like 10% of the drivers in Texas, isn't it?

I have many good friends in Texas and frankly, I pity them. Politically... UGH...

Keep On Dancing*
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Wed Jun 01, 2016 09:11 PM
There many good things about Texas. Sadly, our politics is not one of them. The Governor, Lt. Governor and Attorney General are all crooked. This system of surcharges was put in place purely as a revenue source, not to encourage better driving. Because at the same time they implemented these surcharges, they also stopped making young drivers pass a practical test. And then they implemented driver's Ed out of a box, parent taught, no classes required. Sigh....

kk~
re: Texas suspends over a million driver's licenses
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Fri Jun 03, 2016 02:25 PM
260,000 square miles and not room for both politicians and constituents.
re: Texas suspends over a million driver's licenses
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:55 AM
But hell, ya'll just gotta 'member that Everything's Bigger In Texas!!"--Esp. Our Politicians, their ego's, and their personal bank accounts.

In the city I live in, one can hardly even go to the bathroom without having to get some kind of a city fee permit for it.

That is how all these small cities in these here parts generate their income.

And do you think the State of Texas wants to spend a dime of its Billions that it has for decades been squirreling away in it's various state commission "Rainy Day Funds" for ixing what is universally considered to be terrible infrastructure which is crumbling (roads, bridiges, drainage, etc?) -- Hell No! The states mindset here is firmly--If folks want those things, let Private Industry (which pays very little taxes here) pay for it--But of course they won't, and we the tax payer's are the ones caught in the middle.

What a way to run a state!

ReplySendWatch