Forum: Advice / Support

Support
How does one meet the cost of dance classes?
By patiently Comments: 13, member since Sun Dec 31, 2006
On Wed Jun 01, 2016 05:55 PM

Having wrestled for a long time with physical and emotional illnesses, I talked to a personal fitness trainer who suggested that I begin a regimen of ballet. For years I have only been able to pursue it on a very limited basis. I wish to go further. However, cost is the problem. Exactly how would I overcome the financial limitations? I worry that it would take forever if I just try to save up for it the way most anyone else does for something that s/he want to have. Are there charitable organizations that could help with this type of challenge?

4 Replies to How does one meet the cost of dance classes?

re: How does one meet the cost of dance classes?
By LiveLoveDance5 Comments: 226, member since Fri Jan 30, 2009
On Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:32 PM
Is there any type of work-study program you might be able to do? While you're not making any money doing that, you're also not losing any money toward classes.
re: How does one meet the cost of dance classes?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Jun 08, 2016 09:15 PM
Are you going to a studio and asking for private lessons? If you are...stop it. Don't do that. Private lessons are AL. WAYS. more expensive, because when you're alone, you have to pay the teachers salary yourself. Look for a group. And you don't have to pay up front, you can split the cost. I guess I don't understand.
regarding: How does one meet the cost of dance classes?
On Thu Jun 09, 2016 03:01 PM
Unfortunately, there is no work-study program in which I am involved. So far, there seems to be none available. Other options are not within reach at all. I am so very disappointment. I do appreciate your response, however.
response about: How does one meet the cost of dance classes?
On Thu Jun 09, 2016 03:07 PM
No, I have not asked for free private lessons. It simply is not possible. Those wonderful teachers often make little themselves, and overhead is always a challenge to maintain. I would not feel right doing that anyway, even if the answer were “yes.” For now, I will try your suggestion and go with a group. This way we can share the cost. Such an approach will likely produce better results.

Thank you for replying! I really needed the encouragement. Who can do all of this alone?

ReplySendWatch