Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

How many pointe shoes should I bring
By Hayla6
On Thu Jun 16, 2016 07:30 AM

I'm going to Capezio for a summer Intensive soon and I was wondering how many pointe shoes I should bring for 3 weeks. I've never been to this studio and I thought it would be a change from Gelsey Kirkland which I almost went to. My mom says 1 pair for 3 weeks but I know that I will be doing all the extra classes and I go through shoes quickly since I go hard on them. I'm saying atleast 2 because o could stretch them to a week and a half maximum.

2 Replies to How many pointe shoes should I bring

re: How many pointe shoes should I bring
By hummingbird
On Thu Jun 16, 2016 08:22 AM
How many lessons are you going to be wearing pointe shoes for? Are you using them just for pointe classes or will you be using them for technique classes and repertoire as well?
re: How many pointe shoes should I bring
By SydnieBallerina
On Sun Jul 31, 2016 04:11 PM
I know that you probably already had your summer intensive, and that this is kind of irrelevant at this point. However, for anyone who reads this thread now, I would recommend one pair of shoes per week, at least! If you are doing extra classes and your un out of shoes quickly, it is crucial to bring lots of shoes. And if you can't, bring jet glue! Jet glue saves lives, well, the lives of your pointe shoes. Apply it inside true tip, and ket it dry for 24 hours. Do the same for the shank. Especially with Freed's and other fats-dying shoes, this trick helps. Watch Kathryn Morgan's pointe shoe video. She really elaborates on this topic, and I found it very helpful. Link to that: www.youtube.com . . .. Hope this helps!!

ReplySendWatch