Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Coming off Injury
By Hayla6
On Thu Jun 16, 2016 01:17 PM

So I leave for my Summer Intensive in a week and about 1.5 months ago I got on injury for a stress fracture. I was able to take classes for about 2 weeks before their summer season began. I've been doing a lot of pointe work, stretching, and strengthening but I'm worried about the classes. Any Advice, when I took classes I was in the Advanced division but I couldn't remeber any of the combinations like I usually do. HELP!

2 Replies to Coming off Injury

re: Coming off Injury
By SydnieBallerina
On Sun Jul 31, 2016 04:15 PM
Hi! I injured a muscle in my upper thigh. I understand completely. I sat out for about a week, so clearly, it wasn't as bad as yours. However, I had issues jumping back. Here's what I would recommend: Take it easy. Explain to the teacher before class that you've been in a lot of pain, and ask if maybe you could refrain from jumping. If you're not comfortable with that, then just try to take one combination at a time. Maybe minimize some movements. If you're hurting, the teacher is bound to understand. All dancers go through rough patches and injuries. If you truly need to sit out, then do so. Juts bring notebook and a pen, and take notes on everything. I did this. I wrote down combinations, corrections, things the teacher said, comments, terminology, and many more things that would be helpful later on. I hope this helps, and feel better soon!

ReplySendWatch