Forum: Irish / Irish - Feiseanna

Irish - Feiseanna
Beginners competing in both A&B competitions doing different steps. Is that allowed?
By irishwallflower Comments: 12, member since Sun Feb 01, 2015
On Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:18 AM

I took my sister to a feis today, she dances in the u8 group in beginner A. Her teacher had mentioned a while back that she could do both beginners A & B competitions if she wanted but I thought one competition was enough for now, but today since it was the last feis until the next dance term I would enter her in the B group aswell but only for light jig and cup competition.
I noticed one of the dancers who attends the same school had danced with her for beginner A and was dancing again for beginner B, that was okay until I noticed she was doing more complicated steps which got me confused. Can dancers compete in beginner A doing simpler steps then dance in beginner B doing different steps for the same dance (light jig)? It was like one of her steps were taken out and replaced with another, other than that her steps and my sisters steps are the same. I apologise if I made no sense I'm clueless about how feis' work lol
(An comhdhail) Levels go: Beginner A, beginner B, pre open, open, championship
I have some other questions but don't want to bombard this post with them so if anyone can offer their advice can you comment/pm and let me know?

Thanks! :)

1 Replies to Beginners competing in both A&B competitions doing different steps. Is that allowed?

re: Beginners competing in both A&B competitions doing different steps. Is that allowed?
By Star555 Comments: 21, member since Mon Mar 26, 2012
On Tue Jun 21, 2016 03:47 PM
I don't think that there is any problem with that. Something like thatt would have to be up to the teacher though.

ReplySendWatch