Forum: Advice / Secrets PG-13

fathers
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 19, 2016 03:02 PM

Father's day is always a hard day for me. My father abandoned my brothers and sisters and I when I was young, my stepfather is beyond difficult. Both my grandfathers died before I was born. My own kids' father hasn't done the best job. Cared more about drinking than spending time with his family. I try not to be bitter. It just is what it is.

A friend wrote on Facebook that those who have loving fathers are blessed. They are indeed.

Not really looking for advice or pity. Just an anonymous place to put this.

Happy Father's day.

1 Replies to fathers

re: fathers
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 20, 2016 08:05 AM
I have a very complicated relationship with my dad, too. My parents did that whole "stay together for the sake of the kids" BS for my entire childhood, and announced their divorce two weeks after I graduated high school. That meant that growing up, my sister and I were used as pawns in their relationship machinations A LOT, in some emotionally traumatic ways. I hate going on social media on both Mother's and Father's days, because of all the mushy posts that go around and I feel like there's no real acknowledgement for people like us who don't have relationships with our parents, or that our voices aren't really welcome those days. You're not alone.

Sorry for staying anon; it's such a sensitive topic to share I don't feel comfortable putting my user name to it either.

ReplySendWatch