Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

Irish - Hardshoe
Hardshoes for narow feet
By myirishfeet Comments: 12, member since Tue Nov 01, 2011
On Tue Jun 28, 2016 03:41 AM

Hi,
I've been looking for hardshoes for my narow feet with long big toes. Now I have AP Ultraflexi and they are falling apart, heels are coming down and the sound isn't the best... I've been thinking of buying Fays but I'm not sure? What would you suggest?

Thanks
Petra

2 Replies to Hardshoes for narow feet

re: Hardshoes for narow feet (karma: 1)
By krisinstitches Comments: 398, member since Mon Feb 02, 2009
On Tue Jun 28, 2016 06:38 AM
Both Fays and FeisFayre are good for narrow feet. My dd has worn Fays 99% of the time. Ultra Lights are easiest to break in but don't last as long (softer leather). Ultra Flexi (black suede soles) are next easiest to break in, with the Super Flexi (grey suede soles) a bit harder then Original Flexi (brown leather soles) being the strongest sole and hardest to break in. The upper leathers in those three versions is all the same. My dd has worn all three of those (finally had to go to the brown leather when she was over breaking in the soles in less than 4 months).

Hope this helps!
re: Hardshoes for narow feet
By rosalinde Comments: 1973, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Wed Jun 29, 2016 07:57 AM
Absolutely go for Fays. These are also the most elegant hardshoes IMO. Contrary to Kris' dd I have very weak feet and even the black suede ultraflexis are too stiff to do toestands in for me (thankfully I don't have to do toestands anyway). The upper leather is stiffer than AP shoes. I had AP Novas and eventually the leather uppers just died on me and collapsed around the heel and arches. Fays uppers last much longer, especially if you choose soles that match your feet.

ReplySendWatch