Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

SI's for dancers over 18 yrs?
By Dancingmunchkin
On Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:37 PM

Hello! Though I'm only 17 now, I won't have the opportunity to go to any intensives by the time I turn 18, and I was wondering which schools offer intensives to adults. I know that ABT and Ballet Austin accept dancers over 18, but I'm having problems finding any other schools. Which schools hold intensives for dancers over 18 years of age? Do any UK or European schools accept adults?
Thank you!

4 Replies to SI's for dancers over 18 yrs?

re: SI's for dancers over 18 yrs?
By vivien_o
On Sun Jul 03, 2016 01:15 PM
Joffrey has programs for dancers up to age 25
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Mon Jul 04, 2016 03:42 PM
CPYB allows older students, as well, and often gives free classes to those who also serve a house counselors/parents.
By DanceHeart99member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 06, 2016 02:56 PM
If you'e into modern dance as well, California State Summer School for the Arts (CSSSA) is a super amazing program and they accept anyone who is in high school or just graduated so you cab be 18 or 19 and attend
By MeaMSBMD
On Wed Jul 06, 2016 06:58 PM
Edited by MeaMSBMD (258968) on 2016-07-06 19:00:43 Added additional info
Hey! Definitely check out CPYB, that's a great program for those older than 18. One year, a boy in my class was twenty seven. You can only stay in dorms until you're 22 though, otherwise you'd have to stay in a hotel or with a host family. It's great because they place you in class based on ability and not age. Boston Ballet School also holds an adult-only summer program at the end of the summer for about two weeks. Also, you might want to look into some smaller programs, like Cincinnati ballet and Richmond ballet, because they usually have a larger age range than schools like SAB, who are looking to build their company rather than train all dancers. As for schools in the UK and Europe, though I'm not familiar with many of them, my best friend and roommate of several years has attended Elmhurst, Royal Ballet, English National, Ballet West (Scotland), and the Royal ballet of Antwerp (Belgium) so I could ask her about any of those if you wanted me to. Otherwise, this website: www.danceeurope.net . . . might be very helpful, although it's unfortunately not very extensive.

ReplySendWatch