Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Question on width - Russian Pointe Almaz
By cara7
On Sun Jul 03, 2016 09:35 AM
Edited by cara7 (260547) on 2016-07-03 09:35:58
Edited by cara7 (260547) on 2016-07-03 11:28:08

Hi! I have Russian Pointe Encore W3 V2, but I think W2 would be the more appropriate width as I slide a little bit into the box with W3 and have to use Gaynor Minden Box Liners. I like Encore, but also would like to try model ALMAZ of the RP Jewels Series. As I have to order them online and cannot return them (my size is not in stock and has to be orderd) I would like to find out beforehand if I will also need Almaz in w2 if Encore w3 is slightly too wide, or if ALMAZ will feel tighter around the forefoot/metatarsal due to the rather low profile, thus requiring a wider width as there is less space in the box?
With Grishko 2007 Pro -which also have a low profile- I have XXXX or XXX... With the regular 2007 usually XXX. Is there anyone who knows these models and can give a comparison reg. widths? Photos would be very much appreciated if available... THANKS!

4 Replies to Question on width - Russian Pointe Almaz

re: Question on width - Russian Pointe Almaz
By Gracie220
On Wed Jul 06, 2016 03:01 PM
I haven't tried RP's Encore, though I would like to. However, in regular Grishko 2007s, i normally wear a XX width. I've also tried RP's Sapfir and was fitted or Almaz at the same time. I believe they're the same shoe, except Sapfir is pre-arched. In both of those, I was W1.
Based on my experience, you might want to go for the W2. Hopefully you'll get some feedback from others who have tried all three shoes, though. Good luck!
By cara7
On Thu Jul 07, 2016 06:11 AM
Edited by cara7 (260547) on 2016-07-07 06:12:19
Dear Gracie, thanks a lot for your reply. Did you find the profile of Sapfir/Almaz to be lower than with 2007s, or similar?
By Gracie220
On Thu Jul 07, 2016 01:07 PM
I would say they're pretty similar. Both kinds have a nice, low profile. Any difference with that wasn't really noticeable.

The only difference with the box was that the Almaz/Sapfirs seemed slightly less tapered than the 2007s. Not by much, though. When I went for the Almaz/Sapfir fitting, I also tried on a new pairs of 2007s for comparison, and found myself sinking slightly more in the Almaz/Sapfir shoes when I used the same padding that I normally wear with 2007s - so I just had to adjust the padding a little. My feet really seem to love 2007s lol
By cara7
On Thu Jul 07, 2016 01:53 PM
Thanks again for the info, I really appreciate it! My feet also love 2007s (they seem to be the holy grail for Greek feet ;)), but I really like the flexible shanks of RPs, which are quite durable... and they also look nice, of course...

ReplySendWatch