Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

I need pointe shoe suggestions
By Mraculous
On Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:37 PM

My teacher had suggested that I get a Grishko. I've been using them for a while now, but I'm still having a bit of trouble getting on pointe sometimes. I noticed that I have a low arch and that the shoe has a really long vamp so I need suggestions for shoes that have a shorter vamp. Additional info: I have greek feet, where the second toe is much longer than my big toe, long toes, and what they would call a "disappearing heel" (where the heels diminish greatly when doing releves or when going on pointe). Thanks in advanced!

4 Replies to I need pointe shoe suggestions

re: I need pointe shoe suggestions
By cara7
On Sun Jul 31, 2016 07:07 AM
Hi! If the vamp of Grishko is too long (is it 2007?) you can try Russian Pointe "Entrada Pro" Vamp #2 (higher profile than 2007), but pre-arched & good for Greek feet. If you like a low profile box, Russian Pointe "Almaz" (not pre-arched) or "Sapfir" (pre-arched) might be worth a try. Pre-arched design is great for low arches as well... Some Suffolk models like e.g. "Solo" or "Solo Prequel" have a special design which assists with proper placement, their vamp is medium in length, and the standard insole is very flattering for low arches. Solo is also suitable for Greek feet, I do not feel any pressure on the 2nd toe. Hope this helps!
By melissaga
On Sun Jul 31, 2016 02:20 PM
I believe the Grishko Maya has a lower vamp. You did not mention which style you wear.
By SydnieBallerina
On Sun Jul 31, 2016 04:01 PM
Hey! I have a friend who has the same exact foot situation as you. She wears Bloch's, which seem to work for her. I've essentially had every brand of pointe shoes, and I have low arches, bunions, but my second toe is shorter than my big toe. I've had Bloch's, and they work for me, but I just would suggest that you try them, as my friend with what sounds like similar feet to you has those, and she's quite happy with them. And also, stay away from Freed's! They're extremely hard to get over with some specific maker's, and they also are not great for low arches. I do have Freed's, but only because my feet look VERY good in them. They aren't that good for holding you up, so its a lot of you trying to get over the box during class. Again, this is just my advice! Good luck finding the perfect shoe! :)
By SydnieBallerina
On Sun Jul 31, 2016 04:03 PM
Hey! I have a friend who has the same exact foot situation as you. She wears Bloch's, which seem to work for her. I've essentially had every brand of pointe shoes, and I have low arches, bunions, but my second toe is shorter than my big toe. I've had Bloch's, and they work for me, but I just would suggest that you try them, as my friend with what sounds like similar feet to you has those, and she's quite happy with them. And also, stay away from Freed's! They're extremely hard to get over with some specific maker's, and they also are not great for low arches. I do have Freed's, but only because my feet look VERY good in them. They aren't that good for holding you up, so its a lot of you trying to get over the box during class. Again, this is just my advice! Good luck finding the perfect shoe! :)

ReplySendWatch