Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

Irish - Hardshoe
Best heavys for a square/wide toe box. The tapered toe of most heavys have not worked well.
By Pokemom Comments: 1, member since Mon Aug 01, 2016
On Mon Aug 01, 2016 01:29 PM
Edited by Pokemom (277420) on 2016-08-01 13:30:46 needed to provied examples of shoes we have tried

Hi all!

I need some serious advice on which heavys I should buy my daughter. She doesn't really have a wide foot, but she has a very square toe box. So most heavys are too tapered for her feet. We have tried Rutherford, Boyne Walk and Feis Fayre, all without great success. Which are great for a wide/more square toe box??

Many thanks in advance :)

3 Replies to Best heavys for a square/wide toe box. The tapered toe of most heavys have not worked well.

re: Best heavys for a square/wide toe box. The tapered toe of most heavys have not worked well.
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Mon Aug 01, 2016 01:41 PM
did you try the Rutherford wides?
re: Best heavys for a square/wide toe box. The tapered toe of most heavys have not worked well.
By idmom1992 Comments: 142, member since Sun Jun 22, 2008
On Tue Aug 02, 2016 01:01 PM
I'll second the recommendation for Rutherford Super-flexi Plus-wide width. DD has a wide forefoot and these were the only shoes that she could wear without being in agony.
By dancingsmurf Comments: 98, member since Thu Jan 10, 2008
On Tue Aug 02, 2016 07:35 PM
I had the same issues- I was in Fays for years due to teacher recommendation but they were always too long (to be able to fit my foot in with the tapered toe) and my toes were half off the tip, just to get a pair that would fit my foot. I tried on Pacellis, Rutherfords, and Feis Fayre with the same issue. Hullachan looked like they would have the same issue. Corrs wides are working much better for me, I can get my foot in a shoe a full size smaller and my Flintstone toes are actually on the tip, (rather than half on/diagonally in the shoe). It makes it much easier to get good sound and get up on my toes in a properly fit shoe.

ReplySendWatch