Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

Irish - Hardshoe
Polishing hard shoes?
By kss Comments: 31, member since Tue Dec 30, 2014
On Wed Aug 03, 2016 05:36 PM

This has probably been covered somewhere here, but I can't get the search function to work...

Should Irish hard shoes be polished? If so, does a particular product need to be used or any black polish for leather shoes?

Thanks!

5 Replies to Polishing hard shoes?

re: Polishing hard shoes?
By TrumpetsGo Comments: 14, member since Wed Jul 20, 2016
On Wed Aug 03, 2016 07:53 PM
I think, maybe,
so that its neat and shine :)
By krisinstitches Comments: 398, member since Mon Feb 02, 2009
On Thu Aug 04, 2016 06:13 AM
For regular feisanna, I would lightly polish dd's shoes (both hard and soft shoes), just to cover the scuffs from dance class. For Oireachtas and other big competitions, I'd do a more thorough polishing job.

Yes, any regular black shoe polish works. I used a creme polish. Just make sure to buff them well to get off excess, otherwise you could have some color transfer to socks and the underskirt of the dress.
By HBwahinemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 304, member since Tue Mar 03, 2009
On Thu Aug 04, 2016 08:31 AM
I use the inexpensive sponge top black polish (I think I bought it at Payless shoes) and then I have a fat-tipped Sharpie marker for the heels and toes of hard shoes. It's always my routine the night before a feis.
By StrattonBlack Comments: 59, member since Mon Apr 22, 2013
On Thu Aug 04, 2016 09:18 AM
Definitely shine them. I also shine my daughter's soft shoes when they begin looking bad. My daughter once did a feis and the only comment she got was "Shine shoes!" Lol.
By kss Comments: 31, member since Tue Dec 30, 2014
On Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 PM
Thank you so much, everyone, this was really helpful!

ReplySendWatch