Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Irish - Adult Dancers
Adult Competitors - Appropriate Hair, Make-up, etc?
By Kate_79 Comments: 41, member since Thu Feb 26, 2009
On Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:22 AM

Hey all! So my second Feis is coming up and I was just curious as to what the typical hair and make-up for adult dancers are? I curled my hair slightly for my first Feis and pulled it away from my face (leaving the back down), but would a bun be more appropriate? The adults at my school do little curly bun wigs (I do not have one yet) so I may try that with my own hair, but I'm curious what others do as well. :)

Also, make-up - would I be safe to say simpler is better? I'm normally a minimal girl with that anyway, but curious if I should step it up a bit when I compete.

Thank you!

6 Replies to Adult Competitors - Appropriate Hair, Make-up, etc?

re: Adult Competitors - Appropriate Hair, Make-up, etc?
By Cinnawiz Comments: 3136, member since Tue Jan 03, 2006
On Thu Aug 18, 2016 01:33 PM
You've probably already gotten your answer for this, but I'll chime in anyway...

As an adult dancer, I've worn everything from the full wig to the bun wig to my natural hair in the half-up/half-down configuration. And I've seen the same. As long as it's neat, the judges don't mind it.

As for the make-up, I wear what I would normally wear to work. I don't feel the need to over do it and haven't seen any other adult go crazy either.

Just my .02. :)
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Fri Aug 19, 2016 06:34 PM
I also wore my regular day make up. I have seen adults do their hair all sorts of ways. Bun wigs, long wigs, natural, curled, etc. Just as long as it is neat is all that matters
On Mon Aug 22, 2016 02:14 PM
Thanks Cinnawiz! I appreciate the feedback as it's always nice to know what other ladies do and are comfortable in. I'm not a big make-up person anyway so I'm never sure.
On Mon Aug 22, 2016 02:15 PM
Thank you Hoop_123! Appreciate the response!
By DarcysReelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4545, member since Mon Sep 29, 2003
On Thu Sep 01, 2016 09:50 AM
One of friends danced in adults (now &overs) and wore a full wig in both levels. She definitely didn't look out of place, though she was one of the few who wore the full wig.
By punkqueeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1345, member since Tue Dec 17, 2002
On Mon Sep 12, 2016 03:58 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2016-09-14 12:37:26 Fixed a slight typo
Wear whatever you feel most comfortable in that will allow you to dance your best BUT also ask your TC. They will have valuable information and insight on this.

ReplySendWatch