Forum: Adults / 30 Something

30 Something
30 something coming back after years out of class?
By Austin721 Comments: 2, member since Thu Aug 11, 2016
On Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:44 AM

Hey everyone. I danced when I was a teenager through my early twenties. I took time out of dance in my early to mid twenties and now in my early thirties I am wanting to come back to dance as a way to help with stress and as something I can do for me. I miss ballet and would love to get back into classes. We move around a bit and right now we are in a small town. There is a small dance studio in town that I have contacted and they did say I could come in for some private lessons as they mainly teach young children but, do hold competitions for the children as well. I just want to dance for the sake of dancing. When I had stopped my dance classes and quit, I was just starting on pointe. Now it is a goal of mine to get my strength and flexibility back to be able to obtain learning to go back up on pointe. Is this unrealistic? I have put on a little bit of weight after have a child and getting older but, I have been running and swimming to help get back into shape. What can I do to start working on flexibility and getting back into shape for dancing? Any advice and help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Glad to be back on here after many years of leaving. This site was always such a great help and inspiration.

1 Replies to 30 something coming back after years out of class?

re: 30 something coming back after years out of class?
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Aug 13, 2016 09:03 AM
HI! I just replied to your other (same) post. Feel free to PM me if want. Would be happy to share thoughts on taking dance/ballet as an adult non-pro learner.

ReplySendWatch