Forum: Advice / Injuries

Injuries
The trouble with knees...
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Mon Sep 05, 2016 01:58 AM

Hello! I know, I know, I'm not look for a diagnosis per se, just a helpful nod in the correct direction. So on August 23rd I went roller skating and ate the floor big time. No I didn't have on any protective gear, it was at a roller rink with a giant roller skate shaped disco ball. Anyway, my hand and knees met the floor in glorious fashion. I got up laughing and skated away for another good hour or more.

My knees bruised, as knees are wont to do when fallen upon. They bruised pretty bad, especially my left knee. The right bruised and the bruising drained down my shin and now it's fine. The left snuck up on the bruise. It was a long play, gradually getting darker and darker and then redder and and redder (the bruise, not the entire knee). And for two weeks now, if I so much as tap my left knee with any amount of force, it's this searing, bright, take-your-breath-away pain I've never had before - like hitting your funny bone. It's that same nerve pain reaction.

Left knee bends, kneels, jumps, supports, and doesn't hurt at all until I bump it into the plastic trash can, or clip it on an open cabinet, or carry something that it could rebound off of. So, the patella feels fine. Kneeling feels fine. The sides of my knee are fine. It's the top of the knee, above the patella, that hurts. Any guesses as to what's going on? Googling was zero help because what I feel and what they say I should feel are two different things.

1 Replies to The trouble with knees...

re: The trouble with knees...
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:20 AM
It sounds like the most probable scenario is a very deep bruise that's going to take it's sweet time about leaving you. Have you tried using Voltaren to help with the mild swelling a bruise leaves you with?

ReplySendWatch