By Trippingontoes Comments: 4, member since Sat Sep 03, 2016
On Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:12 PM

Title says it all, tips?

2 Replies to Tips on getting and maintaining energy for practice

re: Tips on getting and maintaining energy for practice
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:17 AM
Coffee,...Coffee,...Coffee!!! :>)

Well maybe for some of us, but I do not recommend it for anyone of the younger folks out there...the stuff's addicting :>)

Seriously though (and I am far from being a nutritionist, don't eat a huge meal right before dance class.

Is your class practice in the evening after school and on the weekends? If so, try bringing some fresh fruit and/or fruit snacks with you in your dancebag to class, that way you can quickly and easily grab a little bit to eat of it during a break. Make sure you are eating a healthy balanced breakfast each morning too. Make sure you are staying hydrated with lots of water--not sugary soda. And not over-doing the wine if you are an adult. And make sure you are getting the proper amount of FITFUL sleep each night.

If you are really continuing to have energy problems then you might want to make an appointment with your GP just to be sure everything is o.k. Also ask yourself, is anything really bothering your or been on your mind that maybe you should talk with some other helping person or friend adult about?

Hope some of these thoughts help or spark some other ideas you can think of.
re: Tips on getting and maintaining energy for practice
By Vikinghl Comments: 318, member since Thu Aug 21, 2003
On Wed Sep 28, 2016 09:26 PM
Edited by Vikinghl (72165) on 2016-09-28 21:31:43
Fruit is great for stabilizing your blood sugar for energy. I recommend Vitamin B which pumps up the energy in a natural way. Don't take the pills or tablets because they take sometimes days to absorb and will weigh down your stomach. Stay away from Red Bull Drink lots of water and take salt if you perspire. If you don't take sodium (salt) water can wash away your electrolytes causing muscle cramps. Also avoid sugary drinks because they will sap your energy.

ReplySendWatch